Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Puzzling Piece of Pouting People?

Also, I came into the SKWT computer lab to do some research. It was practically empty, and I chose the room in the back where no one comes so I wouldn't be distracted. A girl asked me to turn my iPod down. I did. She just got up and moved to another computer. I'm really not that loud.

It reminds me of when I was 11 and we had moved into a house with another family for a short while. I shared a room with the daughter, who was 2 years younger than me. At that time, music put me to sleep and I would listen to it nightly. She asked me to turn it down, and I would swear that it wasn't loud enough for her to hear. Evenutally I somehow figured that she was being overdramatic so I turned it all the way down to silent, but left it on so that little red light would make her think it was on. Sure enough, she complained and then I pounced and tore her feeble lie to shreds.

It was rough being 11.

1 comment:

my ghostwriter said...

that reminds me of the psycho professor that used to have an office right next to mine. i was listening to your standard soothing/quiet/boring office music (i think it was norah jones) and it was barely discernable that music was even playing. the prof ripped her door open and demanded that i turn my music down because it was sooooooooo loud! i turned it down for fear i'd have to have another encounter, because she was a rather loud woman herself, and terrified me with the volume and forcefulness of her voice. a few minutes later, she flipped out and then sweetly said 'i'll be back soon'. she left. i thought 'wow. she's nuts.' being true to her word, she returned shortly thereafter, and the next time i saw her, she had ear plugs in.