I haven't written in a while because we don't have internet yet, a fact which annoys me almost enough for me to do something about it.
I also haven't written due to a misunderstanding. For years I thought people were saying something about "wedded bliss," but I now I realize they were saying "wedded blitz." You know, like in football? Me either, but my dictionary defined it as such:
• an intensive or sudden military attack.
• informal a sudden, energetic, and concerted effort, typically on a specific task : a major press blitz.
• Football a charge of the passer by the defensive linebackers just after the ball is snapped.
• ( the Blitz) the German air raids on Britain in 1940.
• a form of chess in which moves must be made at very short intervals.
Thus I have not "blogged." But something moved me today, something so annoying that I thought I must. Wet dog smell. Its gross, we can all agree. But when its thrust upon you and your laptop because some woman doesn't have her dog on a leash it's just insulting. I heard her walking down the street with him, her "No!'s" and "Don't do that's!" cut through a warm summer breeze and gave me chills.
And then her dog got all up in my grill with his wet self. I don't think he's listening, lady.