Thursday, November 5, 2009

I don't like the phrase, "That's all anyone could ask for."

"Well the bills are paid and that's all anyone can ask for." I thought to myself. And then I realized that was a horribly untrue thought. People can "ask" for anything they want.

Like my brother. When he was 11 he asked Santa for a laptop, a fax machine (?), and a cell phone. He might not have needed them but he certainly asked for them. This was, however, the point where my mother stepped in and explained that since she had none of these items he would likely not be getting them for Christmas. And when that didn't work it was time for the Santa Talk (which I believe was not well received and needed repeating the next year).

6 comments:

Meg said...

I've always wanted a fax machine too.

Rachael said...

i have all three of those things, and that's all anyone can ask for.

allyson elizabeth said...

Fax machine? Cell phone? Lap top? Piano?

I have nothing, Rachael, way to make me feel bad.

P.S. Why would anyone who does not have their own business ever need a fax machine? Maybe they don't understand email.

erin said...

I have a printer and I'm not in 1989 and that's all anyone should ask for.

stevesie said...

and he looks really, and i mean really, good in flannel.

Ricardo Leon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.